Code of Ethics of the University of Marketing, Finance and Audit UniMFA
Part 1: General Provisions
1. The common principles cover the members of the academic community (tutors, research associates, students, and other staff) of the University of Marketing, Finance and Audit (UniMFA).
- This Code stipulates the general ethical rules of UniMFA students’ conduct in the interaction with each other, tutors, and the administration of UniMFA.
- Each member of the academic community shall meet the high standards of moral and ethical principles, laws, and internal regulations of UniMFA, and show due respect for the basics of collegial and academic work.
- The Ethical Code is totally aimed at creating the most comfortable conditions of studies, favorable psychological climate, and an atmosphere of friendship for the students to communicate with each other and the University’s tutors and other employees.
- This Ethical Code shall be complied with, and any amoral behavior or endeavors, both on the part of students and other persons, shall be eliminated.
- UniMFA protects the freedom of thought, expression and scientific beliefs in all respects, and we also promote any exchange of ideas and opinions in academic circles, as we consider educational, scientific and artistic activities to be an integral contribution to the development of humanity.
- The students undertake to comply with and accept any forms of verification of their knowledge such as tests, projects, written papers, oral presentations, or collective work. Any dissemination of training materials, text exercises or exam questions used in the educational process shall be prohibited.
- The studies and research activities shall be run by the students with the maximum devotion and use of all intellectual and physical forces on their part. The students and members of the academic community shall not make any actions threatening the reputation or image of UniMFA.
- By complying with the provisions of this Code, each student and the staff of the University shall contribute to the development and improvement of their University, strengthening of its image and business reputation.
Part 2: Basics of Educational Activities
- Each academic staff member shall communicate with the students in a correct way, with due account for the individual evaluation of their skills, knowledge, and other individual parameters. The communication with the students shall be open, honest, amicable and respectful, and shall never insult any students or undermine his/her accomplishments.
- The employees shall not allow any students getting unjustified advantages in their studies or the verification of results of any works or tasks performed by such students. In the examination process, the members of the academic community shall behave in an impartial and objective way.
- With their behavior, the employees shall show an example to the students, and therefore shall comply with all internal generally adopted moral rules of education, communication, and conduct.
- The employees shall also teach the basics of collective and individual work.
- The teaching staff shall make all efforts to participate in the studies and education of the students, thus helping them develop independent thinking, in general supporting their growth, qualification, and professional development.
- In case of any unethical behavior or breach of the internal regulations of UniMFA, the employees shall be subject to an appropriate administrative or financial penalty.
Part 3: General Principles of Studies at the University
The students shall:
- Constantly expand and deepen their knowledge, develop their skills, and improve their qualification for the subsequent application in professional activities.
- Perform all the tasks receivedб and investigate all available materials on their own in a responsible manner; timely participate in video- and audio-communication with the tutors according to the requirements inherent of the extramural / online education.
- When working in a team, respect and equitably evaluate the colleagues’ contribution to the activities and development of UniMFA.
- Never use any unethical or unlawful behavior, particularly:
- Plagiarism (use of the results of other persons’ activities without the explicit statement of authorship; use of modified or corrected results of other persons’ activities; use of non-public information without citing the resources).
- Counterfeits of data or any other information, provision of fake information, namely: citing of incorrect or inexistent resources as used, falsification or modification of information without the explicit statement of such actions, use of fake data, deliberate concealment or distortion of information, deliberate use of counterfeit data, procedures or conclusions which might deceive the reader.
- Frauds in the verification of skills and knowledge. Mainly, the use of unauthorized devices or methods for obtaining unlawful advantages or benefits, including the use of notes or other devices in the course of verification of knowledge and skills, communication with other persons in the course of knowledge verification, including the use of technical devices, use of preliminarily prepared answers in the course of knowledge verification, or non-compliance with the instructions in the course of knowledge verification.
- Any other purposeful or purposeless activities non-compliant with the basic rules of society and potentially beneficial to a particular student or any other students.
- The main ethical principles for the students are as follows:
- Personal responsibility;
- Compliance with all obligations.
- The graduates from the University shall continue working for the sake of the University’s reputation, and shall thereafter always act in compliance with this Code.
Part 4: Ethics Committee
- All claims associated with the non-compliance with this Сode shall be investigated by the Ethics Committee.
- Find out more about the Ethics Committee in the University’s internal regulations adopted by the rector of UniMFA.